Did someone say cacao and coconut? And pistachio? AND truffles? ...Oh wait. That was me.
It's Sunday evening and I finally feel like I have a few moments to collect myself and wind down for the weekend. I keep telling my body and my mind to slow down, but as for my appetite...well, it’s still running full throttle. This explains my current desire to devour way too many ( I'll leave this number ambiguous for obvious reasons) of these raw cacao, coconut pistachio truffles. Good thing they’re made with a little ashawaganda to balance my mood, and save me before HANgryness takes over.
... and if you happen to feel an onset of your own, I highly recommend whipping up a quick batch of these too. Trust me, your stomach and your tastebuds will thank you.
Mood Balancing Cacao + Coconut Truffles
(Makes about 10 truffles)
Here's what you'll need:
- 4-5 Dates
- 2 T unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 1 T raw pistachios
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. ashwanganda by Sun Potion
- 1/2 tsp. reishi by Sun Potion
- a few drops of Vanilla Extract
Here's what you do:
- Soak the dates for up to 30mins, then drain. Pulse together all ingredients in a food processor until a paste forms. Add water or extra cacao as needed. Form the paste into small bite-sized balls. Refrigerate for 15-20 mins. Roll your truffles in shredded coconut, hemp seeds or any of your favorite toppings. Store in the fridge for up to a week.