Anyone else up for a late weekend brunch? With organic eggs, organic greens, radish sprouts, and few other things? This is my kind of selfceare on Sunday, served sunny-style, with plenty of avocado. Because the good fats keep your brain fueled, your body full, and your energy levels up... so you have plenty of bandwidth to scream at the television while the Vikings blow yet another opportunity to play in the Super Bowl. Maybe next year will be better, but honestly, I'm not getting my hopes up.
6 Minute Eggs, with Avocado Greens
Here's what you'll need:
- organic eggs (I love Vital Farms)
- a small pot
- himalayan pink salt (or salt of choice)
- avocado oil (I use Chosen Foods)
- Organic greens
Here's what you do:
- Bring a small pot of water up to a rolling boil. Remove a few eggs from the fridge, and place on the counter while the water is heating.
- Slowly add your eggs to the water so they are completely submerged, and cover with a lid. While the eggs cook, prepare an ice bath by filling up a separate bowl with ice and water.
- Boil the eggs for 6 to 7 minutes, depending on how solid or runny your prefer your yolks (today, I kept my eggs in for about 6 minutes and 15 seconds). Immediately turn off the heat, and remove your eggs from the pot with a slotted spoon and place them into the ice bath (this stops the cooking process).
- Allow your eggs to "chill" out for a few minutes, then peel, slice, add a pinch of salt or black pepper. Eat them on their own, or serve with mixed greens tossed with a drizzle of avocado oil and a squeeze of lemon... plus more avocado on the side, for good measure.