Pancakes, pearl-infused coconut butter and persimmons just go together. Trust me. I've done the research.. and plenty of it.
In any case, I wanted to share my morning meal from a few days back... when I was preparing to transition into my new apartment. Moving day and my breakfast were both a bit "jacked"... flap-jacked, that is ... with all the superfoods and coconut I had left in my pantry... along with the last few drops of almond milk in the fridge, my trusty travel box of pancake mix, and a whole lot of stress. Luckily, I was able to pack my plate full of real food made with real ingredients & energizing superfoods to keep myself fueled and focused... and also managed to keep my HANgryness in check at the same time.
All in all, I'd have to say that starting any day with a "well-rounded" breakfast is always a good idea. Especially when it's served HANcake style, with plenty of persimmons, and extra coconut on top.
Pearl + Persimmon Superfood HANcakes
( Serves 1-2 )
Heres what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup Simple Mills pancake mix
- 2 T The New Barn unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small persimmon, smashed
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 T Pearl Butter
- 1 flax egg (or 1 regular egg for a non-vegan option)
- 1 T Philosophie Superfoods berry bliss
- a pinch of cinnamon
- toppings: Emmy's Organics coconut cookies, Pearl Butter and dried organic persimmons
Here's what you do:
- Mix or blitz everything together until combined (I used my Vitamin)
- Pour batter onto a heated griddle or large pan lightly greased with coconut oil
- Flip and flop until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes on each side)
- Stack your cakes high or lay them flat, add your favorite toppings, and devour!