Call it breakfast, call it brunch, but most importantly, call it colorful. I'm a big believer in the ability of food to affect your mood, so when I woke up on the savory side of the bed this morning, I couldn't help but want to start my day off as vibrantly as possible. So I filled one of my favorite ceramic bowls with some baby spinach, wild-caught albacore, organic broccolini and truffle ghee mushrooms... plus plenty of avocado and some micro basil. I also had a soft-boiled egg to add on top... but cleverly dropped it down the sink while I was peeling. Hope the disposal enjoyed it. I know I would have. Definitely NOT my most eggcelent move... but hey, you can't win them all.
Albacore Salad with Truffled Mushrooms, Broccolini & Avocado
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 can of wild caught albacore
- 2-3 stems of organic broccolini, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a small avocado
- 1/4 cup organic crimini mushrooms
- 1 T 4th & Heart white truffle ghee
- a handful of organic baby spinach
- micro basil (microgreen sprouts)
- avocado-balsamic dressing (I used about 1 T of Primal Kitchen Foods)
- salt, pepper and lemon
Heres what you do:
- Slice your mushrooms and quickly sauté them with the white truffle ghee and pinch of salt in small pan (over medium heat). They should begin to turn golden brown in 2-3 minutes.
- While your mushrooms are coking, toss your dry ingredients into a salad bowl along with the tuna. Add your mushrooms on top, and season with salt, pepper, & a squeeze of lemon. Pour in a drizzle of dressing, grab a fork, and devour!