I think I may have found a new way to soak up the sun. Or better yet, inhale it. Might sound alarming, but I promise... the only thing worrisome about this, is how DANGEROUSLY delicious these sunflower balls are. I swear, it only takes one to instantly brighten my mood... but after two, or three or even four... my tastebuds feel like they're going to take off and skyrocket into another dimension. And, if you happen to be looking for a high-fat, low-sugar, nut-free treat (side note, coconuts are not "nuts", they're fruit... I checked), I highly recommend you come along for the ride with me. I'll make room. Prepare for launch.
Sunflower Seed Coconut Bliss Balls
(Makes 10-16 balls, size may vary)
Here's what you'll need:
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut shreds
- 3/4 cup organic SunButter
- 1/2 cup sprouted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1-2 dates (optional)
- 1 T coconut nectar (also optional, or you can sub in more to replace the dates)
- a few generous pinches of cinnamon, and a sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt
Here's what you do:
- Pulse everything in a high speed blender or food processor until combined. Scrape down the sides and continue pulsing until a "dough" starts to form. If the dough is too wet, add more coconut flour... or add a splash of dairy free milk/water if it's not wet enough.
- Roll the mixture into good sized balls, cover in additional coconut if you'd like, and place in the freezer (in air-tight container or flay tray) to set. You can store these for a few solid months if you'd like!
- If you don't feel like saving any extras, remove from the freezer to thaw for a few minutes, add extra spoonfuls of SunButter on top (and maybe an extra pinch of salt)... then DEVOUR!!!