Let's talk TOAST. Sweet potato toast.
Figs are absolutely in season right now, so I couldn't help but put them all over this. They also happen to be full of fiber and potassium, making them a great alternative to bananas (if you are looking for fruit that is lower in sugar). I also spread on layer of super thick, strained and cultured, probiotic yogurt. The creaminess does a nice job of cutting through the slight sweetness of the fruit, and adds a serving of protein at the same time.
And as for the almond butter, well, I'm a huge proponent of keeping the "drizzle game strong", so this was a necessary addition. Plus, it adds a little extra protein, and a dose of healthy fats to keep your tummy full and your brain alert .
So if you're looking for a GF bread alternative, with the added benefits Vitamin A, C and all-around deliciousness, look no further. It's time to hop on the sweet potato train, and ride as long as possible. Plus, it's figgin' delicious.
Sweet Potato Toast with Figs and Almond Butter
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 sweet potato
- almond butter, or your favorite nut butter
- yogurt (I like Nancy's Probiotic Greek Yogurt, or Siggis')
Here's what you'll do:
- Cut your sweet potato in 1 half, or into 1-inch slices. Steam until soft, then place under the broiler to "toast" (about 3-5 minutes).
- Spread on your yogurt, top with sliced figs, and heavy drizzles of almond butter.
- Add sprinkle of cinnamon if you'd like, or inhale as is.